This Dusty Household has been ill. Brutally, unexpectedly, suddenly, disgustingly ill. I caught it Wednesday morning, almost exactly 12 hours after returning home from the mall with a bundle of gifts for the Husband. Thursday morning, the Husband was thrown his curveball. He slept all evening last night in a bundle of blankets, his forehead burning.
But, we’ve made it through. And, as soon as 4:30 comes around this afternoon, we’re both unleashing ourselves from our daily routines for ten glorious days. I love Christmas time, when saving just a few days of vacation from the rest of the year means so many consecutive days for sleeping in.
I haven’t thought too much about my plans, but I do know these:
- Hang out with my gaggle of nephews. There are five of them! And they are energetic and fun and they’re not as good at reminding me that I don’t want children yet as other kids are because they’re so good.
- Consume lots of food and good conversation with my in-laws. Fingers crossed I’m ready to consume a huge meal by Sunday. I mean, I’m feeling great again, but my appetite just doesn’t come back so quick after something like that. Know what I mean?
- Make a huge Christmas dinner. I’m thinking a beef Wellington. Anyone have any experience with them? Are they as delicious as they appear to be?
- Bake cinnamon buns. With maple syrup icing. Perhaps for Boxing Day morning.
- Enjoy yet another huge Christmas dinner with our College & Careers group at our church. Last year, we totally forgot about it. This year, we will not!
- Bake cookies. Because I want to kick my animosity with baking. I really do. I want to fall in love with it. Perhaps I’ll try this Christmas.
- Clean my kitchen. Because it seems I’m planning on spending a lot of time in it.