An Indigo inspired office wish list
As I've mentioned here before, my company has recently moved locations. Yesterday was the official move day, though I've been installed in my new office for the past week. We've moved out of an open concept style office and into one broken up into tiny offices, so, for the first time in 2 years, since I 'entered the workforce' as a bright faced young new graduate, I have my own four walls and a door.
So, I went on a little shopping spree. It was only virtual, and I'm unlikely to spend this much money on my little workspace. But, Chapters Indigo and Polyvore worked together to help me figure out a feel for my office, and slowly, I'll start to gather similar items in order to make my space feel a little less like a blank slate and more like a cozy, practical space.
- Wesley Alarm Clock: $60. A perfect little bit of old-time touch.
- Letters Lamp: $60. How perfect is a letters theme for the company's only writer?
- Grey Pedestal Soup Bowl: $12. My work provides dishes, but as I was 'shopping' I realized how much I would prefer to have my own little set, something pretty that I can make sure is always cleaned and ready for my own personal use. Obviously, the fact that it would look great on my office shelves played a huge role in this addition.
- Black Text Pencil Cup: $9.50. More letters!
- Semikolon Business Card Box Ciel: $25. Admittedly, I don't collect that many business cards. But, I have half a dozen or so and they just... float. I don't have a proper place for them, so, more often then not, they just end up getting tossed.
- Zen Grey Tea Pot: $24. It's just pretty.
- Sweater-Weave Basket: $40. This is a crucial one. I'm sure a lot of you have the same experience... my office is cold! If it were a comfortable temperature for me, others would find it uncomfortable warm. I solve this problem with sweaters and blankets. I spend my days at my desk wrapped up tight in an afghan, especially during the winter. Obviously, I need someplace pretty to put my sweaters and afghans. So, a basket!
Have you decorated your office at work? How much time and effort do you put into the space that you spend 8-10 hours a day in?
Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links.